A revised and up-to-date guide to advanced vibration analysis written by a noted expert
The revised and updated second edition of Vibration of Continuous Systems offers a guide to all aspects of vibration of continuous systems including: derivation of equations of motion, exact and approximate solutions and computational aspects. The author—a noted expert in the field—reviews all possible types of continuous structural members and systems including strings, shafts, beams, membranes, plates, shells, three-dimensional bodies, and composite structural members.
Designed to be a useful aid in the understanding of the vibration of continuous systems, the book contains exact analytical solutions, approximate analytical solutions, and numerical solutions. All the methods are presented in clear and simple terms and the second edition offers a more detailed explanation of the fundamentals and basic concepts. Vibration of Continuous Systems revised second edition:
• Contains new chapters on Vibration of three-dimensional solid bodies; Vibration of composite structures; and Numerical solution using the finite element method
• Reviews the fundamental concepts in clear and concise language
• Includes newly formatted content that is streamlined for effectiveness
• Offers many new illustrative examples and problems
• Presents answers to selected problems
Written for professors, students of mechanics of vibration courses, and researchers, the revised second edition of Vibration of Continuous Systems offers an authoritative guide filled with illustrative examples of the theory, computational details, and applications of vibration of continuous systems.