Developers, programmers, technical architects, and consultants: You are highly skilled and have deep commitment to your craft as well as the motivation to excel. It’s time to step away from the perceived security of a full-time salaried position, or a marginally successful solo business, and step into a world of freedom, independence, and wealth. With your current technical skills, and an open mind, you can rapidly build a highly successful and ethical business—and on your own terms.
The Coder's Path to Wealth and Independence explains how. Mark Beckner, himself, a highly successful itinerant developer, shows you how to transform yourself from a skilled programmer into a highly creative and effective businessperson leveraging the skills you already have. You will learn to create opportunities where none have existed, create value for yourself and those you work with, substantially increase your income, define your ideals, and realize your dreams. By utilizing the unique strategies outlined in The Coder's Path to Wealth and Independence to build your practice, you will find your path to personal, professional, and financial prosperity.
The Coder's Path to Wealth and Independence will show you how to:
- Work from wherever you want
- Use your technical skills to create a high-revenue, highly independent business
- Learn the skills of the "rainmaker" to acquire new projects and clients
- Operate under various fee models, allowing you to increase your wealth and your freedom
- Rapidly create proposals and contracts
- Manage projects and execute on your goals with greater skill than ever
In short, this book will help you discover a variety of powerful and unique approaches to business that will allow you be highly successful—where, how, and whenever you want.
What youll learn
- How to take your technical skills and create a high revenue, highly independent business based on them
- How to work from wherever you want, and stay in constant motion, on your terms
- How to create opportunities through unique approaches to client acquisition and advertising
- How to focus on self-mastery and discipline in order to create a thriving practice
- How to implement a powerful business model, tailored to solo developers and technical consultants, that enables you to work when, where, and how you want
Who this book is for
Coders, architects, and technical consultants, and anyone in the world of technology all have the core skills required to follow this path to freedom and riches. This is a guide targeted at people who want to create and grow thriving and rewarding solo, technically focused practices.
Table of ContentsChapter 1: Travel: The Power of Staying in Motion
Chapter 2: Skills: The Nature of Programming and Business
Chapter 3: Discipline and Education: The Importance of Continuous Improvement
Chapter 4: Ethics: The Foundation of Relationships and Business
Chapter 5: Structuring Your Business: Protecting Yourself
Chapter 6: Advertising and Marketing: The Science of Lead Creation
Chapter 7: Prospecting and Sales: The Art of Rainmaking
Chapter 8: Proposals and Contracts: Trust, Flexibility and Simplicity
Chapter 9: Fees and Income: Creating a High Dollar Revenue Stream
Chapter 10: Goal Setting: The Engine Behind Your Success
Chapter 11: Growth and Expansion: Handling Success
Chapter 12: Investing in Your Business and Utilizing Wealth: The Abundance Mentality
Chapter 13: Health: Personal Vitality and the Impact on Your Business
Chapter 14: Freedom through Business: Wealth, Dreams, and Independence