Everything you need to know about getting your baby or toddler to sleep--from America's foremost baby and childcare experts
For every parent deprived of sleep by a restless infant or toddler, now there's hope. The Baby Sleep Book is the comprehensive, reassuring, solution-filled resource that every family will want to own.
Babies don't automatically know how to sleep through the night; they need to be taught. The Sears family has learned from decades of pediatric practice, bolstered by their own parenting experiences, that different babies have different nighttime temperaments--and, of course, different families have different lifestyles. Instead of espousing the kind of ""one method fits all"" approach advocated in other baby sleep guides, the Sears family explains how you can create a sleep plan that suits the needs of your entire family.
With a sharp focus on practical tools and techniques, The Baby Sleep Book covers such topics as the following:
- The facts of infant sleep vs. adult sleep
- Figuring out where, when, and how your child sleeps best
- Fail-safe methods for soothing a crying infant
- How to make night nursing easier, and how to stop
- Nighttime fathering tips
- Whether co-sleeping makes sense for you
- Nap-time strategies that work
- Medical and physical causes of night waking
- Sleep habits in special situations such as traveling, teething, and illness
Like all books in the highly popular Sears Parenting Library, The Baby Sleep Book is clear, comforting, and uniquely authoritative. Its flexible sensitive approach to solving babies' sleep problems distinguishes it as definitive--an unrivaled book that offers immediate results.