Unsurpassed in its authority and scope, the 3rd Edition of the most thoroughly researched and carefully referenced text on natural medicine has been revised to include the most up-to-date information on its application to specific health problems. With over 90 well-known contributors and 10,000 citations of peer-reviewed research literature, practitioners will find accurate, detailed pharmacologic information on herbs and supplements, and crucial knowledge for making recommendations to patients.
- Clearly organized into 6 distinct sections and written by the leaders in complementary and integrative medicine for an easy-to-reference, authoritative text.
- Covers in-depth, evidence-based natural medicine approaches on over 75 specific diseases for the most comprehensive information on the actual practices and recommendations of naturopaths and complementary practitioners.
- A glossary of Section V clarifies and defines terms allowing botanical information to be read with ease.
- Every chapter has been updated to include the latest research and knowledge on natural medicine.
- Natural medicine interventions in Section V include a section on Drug Interactions to help practitioners avoid adverse interactions between natural and conventional medicines.
- 36 chapters have been added to sections on Philosophy of Natural Medicine, Therapeutic Modalities, Syndromes and Special Topics, Pharmacology of Natural Medicines, and Specific Health Problems to bring readers up to speed on newly emerging and important treatments.
- Four appendices have been added - Current Hormone Replacement Therapy Prescriptions, Glycemic Index, Seligman Attributional Style Questionnaire, and The Optimal Food Pyramid.