Unleash your iPhone and take it to the limit using secret tips
and techniques from gadget hacker Erica
Sadun. Fast and fun to read, Taking
Your iPod touch 4 to the Max is fully updated to
show you how get the most out of Apple’s OS 4.
You’ll find all the best undocumented tricks as well as the most efficient and enjoyable introduction to the iPhone available. Starting with an introduction to iPod touch 4 basics, you’ll quickly move on to discover the iPod touch's hidden potential, like how to connect to a TV, get contract-free VOIP, and hack OS 4 so it will run apps on your iPod touch.
From e-mail and surfing the Web, to using iTunes, iBooks, games, photos, ripping DVDs and getting free VOIP with Skype or Jajah—you’ll find it all in this book. You’ll even learn tips on where to get the best and cheapest iPod touch accessories. Get ready to take your iPod touch to the max!
What you’ll learn
- Getting the low down on iPod touch basics
- How to email using iCal
- Surfing the Web with iPod touch using Safari
- Expanding the main menu using third–party software
- Using iTunes, games, iBooks, etc.
- Connecting to the TV and ripping DVDs
- Hacking OS X Leopard to run apps on the iPod touch
- Getting contract–free VOIP
- Saving on accessories and what you really need
Who this book is for
Anyone who has an iPod touch and wants to get more out of it,
learn how to connect to other devices, or tinker with it.
Table of Contents
- Bringing Home the iPod Touch
- Putting Your Data and Media on the iPod Touch
- Interacting with Your iPod Touch
- Browsing with Wi-Fi and Safari
- Touching Your Photos and Videos
- Touching Your Music
- Shopping at the iTunes Store
- Shopping at the App Store
- Reading and Buying Books with iBooks
- Setting Up and Using Mail
- Staying on Time and Getting There with Clock, Calendar, and Maps
- Using Your Desk Set: Contacts, Calculator, Notes, Weather, Stocks, and Voice Memos
- Photographing and Recording the World Around You
- Video Calling with FaceTime
- Customizing Your iPod Touch