There is no tried-and-true formula to smoke mouthwatering barbecue, which is part of the fun and part of the challenge. Don't be fooled, though. With Real BBQ, mastering your smoker may take time and patience, but it won't be complicated. Insider advice from celebrated pitmasters, step-by-step guidelines, and plenty of barbecue lore and wisdom demystify the art of smoking meat.
With over 95 recipes to start cooking up your very own brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and other incredibly delicious barbecue, this trusty guide also boasts:
- Handy smoker illustrations and dozens of invaluable tips for smoking beef, pork, poultry, seafood, and other meats
- Beginner, intermediate, and advanced recipe labels so that you can start simple and work your way to a challenge
- Inspired ideas for amazing barbecue sides to round out your meals, including Summer Bean Salad, Dijon Potato Salad, and Southern-Style Collard Greens
- All the sauces, rubs, brines, and marinades you need to move beyond a recipe
- A closer look at the regional barbecue styles of Texas, the Carolinas, Memphis, and Kansas City
Recipes include: Beer Can Chicken, Hickory-Smoked Pork Belly, "All Day Long" Smoked Beef Brisket, Beach Barbecue Lobster Tails, Coffee-Rubbed Buffalo Steak