#1 best-selling guide to Vietnam*
Lonely Planet Vietnam is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get happily lost in Hanoi's Old Quarter, paddle past Halong Bay's shimmering limestone peaks at dawn, or take a cooking class in charming Hoi An; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Vietnam and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Vietnam Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - customs, history, architecture, regional specialties, tribes, environment, food, drink
- Free, convenient pull-out Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi map (included in print version), plus over 80 maps
- Covers Northwest Vietnam, Northeast Vietnam, Hanoi, North-Central Vietnam, Central Vietnam, Central Highlands, South-Central Coast, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta, Siem Reap and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Vietnam, our most comprehensive guide to Vietnam, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand guide and Lonely Planet's Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Iain Stewart, Brett Atkinson, Damian Harper and Nick Ray.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Vietnam. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, February 2013 to January 2014.