Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet USA is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze into the mile-deep chasm of the Grand Canyon, tap into the pulse of iconic cities like New York, or let sultry southern music and food stir your soul; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the USA and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's USA Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, national parks, wildlife, cuisine and wine
- Over 90 color maps
- Coverage of New England, New York, the Mid-Atlantic, Florida, the South, Great Lakes, Great Plains, Texas, Rocky Mountains, Southwest, Pacific Northwest, California, Alaska, Hawaii, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet USA, our most comprehensive guide to the USA, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of the USA? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover USA, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on New York City, San Francisco or Los Angeles? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide, San Francisco guide, and Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer;Discover New York City or Discover San Francisco, photo-rich guides focused on these cities' most popular sights; or Lonely Planet's Pocket New York City, Pocket San Francisco, and Pocket Los Angeles guides, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Regis St Louis, Amy C Balfour, Sandra Bao, Michael Benanav, Greg Benchwick, Sara Benson, Alison Bing, Catherine Bodry, Celeste Brash, Georgia Clark, Lisa Dunford, Ned Friary, Michael Grosberg, Paula Hardy, Adam Karlin, Mariella Krause, Carolyn McCarthy, Chris Pitts, Brendan Sainsbury, Caroline Sieg, Adam Skolnick, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Mara Vorhees, and Karla Zimmerman.
About Lonely Planet: Since in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.