Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Sydney is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take to the water and explore the spectacular harbour by boat; laze on the beach at Bondi and watch the waves – and the surfers – roll in; and hunt down the latest trendy bars and restaurants. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Sydney and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Sydney:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, cuisine, politics
- Covers Circular Quay, The Rocks, Sydney Harbour, City Centre, Haymarket, Darling Harbour, Pyrmont, Inner West, Surry Hills, Darlinghurst, Kings Cross, Potts Point, Paddington, Centennial Park, Bondi, Coogee, Manly
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Sydney is our most comprehensive guide to the city, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for just the highlights? Check out Pocket Sydney, our handy-sized guide featuring the best sights and experiences for a shorter visit..
After wider coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s East Coast Australia or Australia.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017