Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own back yard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the South's open roads with Lonely Planet's Florida & the South's Best Trips, your passport to unique experiences that await you along these classic American highways. Featuring 28 amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to two-week adventures, you can cruise Highway 1 to Key West or explore Appalachian back roads, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, cue up your driving playlist, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Florida & the South's Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - over 100 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Florida & the South's Best Trips is perfect for exploring these states in the classic American way - by road trip!
- Planning a Floridian trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's Florida guide, our most comprehensive guide to Florida, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover Florida, a photo-rich guide to the state's most popular attractions.
There's More in Store for You:
- For more road-tripping ideas, check out Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides to New England, Southwest USA, California, Pacific Northwest, New York & the Mid-Atlantic and USA.
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER 'USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips,' with excerpts from each guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's European Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland and our FREE SAMPLER 'Europe's Best Trips: 3 Amazing Road Trips' for more road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Adam Skolnick, Adam Karlin, Amy Balfour and Mariella Krause.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.