Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Discover Costa Rica is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander through the pristine Monteverde Cloud Forest, discover Tico culture in San Jose, and sprawl on a white-sand beach in Montezuma―all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Costa Rica and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Discover Costa Rica:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, customs, etiquette
- Covers San Jose, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio, Volcan Arenal, Montezuma, Peninsula de Osa, Tortuguero, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Playa Samara and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Discover Costa Rica is filled with inspiring and colorful photos, and focuses on Costa Rica’s most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guide for our most comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017