Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover California is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch sunsets and surfers along the Pacific Coast Highway, hike through wildflower-strewn meadows in Yosemite, or dine on organic California cuisine while overlooking Napa Valley vineyards; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover California:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, politics, landscapes, wildlife, beaches, cuisine, wine, and more
- Over 35 color maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Kids
- Coverage of Northern California, Central Coast, Wine Country, San Francisco, Yosemite, Sierra Nevadas, San Diego, Palm Springs, Los Angeles, Disneyland, Orange County, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover California, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travelers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colorful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all the state has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's California guide.
- Looking for a guide to San Francisco or Los Angeles? Check out Lonely Planet's San Francisco City guide orLos Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these cities has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Beth Kohn, Bridget Gleeson, Andrew Bender, Sara Benson, Alison Bing, Nate Cavalieri, Andrew Schulte-Peevers, and John A Vlahides.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)