Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Bangkok is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Eat pat tai and other street food at open-air markets, visit breathtaking temples or shop 'til you drop at the MBK Center and Chatuchak Weekend Market; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Bangkok and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Bangkok:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, culture, eating in Thailand, the sex industry in Thailand
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 35 colour maps
- Covers Siam Square, Pratunam, Ploenchit, Ratchathewi, Riverside, Silom, Lumphini, Sukhumvit, Thewet, Dusit, Banglamphu, Ko Ratanakosin, Thonburi, Chinatown, Greater Bangkok and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Bangkok, our most comprehensive guide to Bangkok, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Thailand for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
- Looking for just the highlights of Bangkok? Check out Pocket Bangkok, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.