Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Promenade through Jasper via the Skyline Trail, ride the Lake Louise Gondola to a fantastic view, or drive past cascades and glaciers on Icefields Parkway; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots and being safe and responsible
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, transit tips, emergency information, park seasonality, and hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, geology, wildlife, and conservation
- Over 45 trail and park maps
- Useful features - including Driving Tours, Travel with Children, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Coverage of Banff National Park, Jasper National Park, Glacier National Park, Lake Louise, Banff Town, Canmore, Mt Robson Provincial Park, East Glacier, West Glacier, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks, our most comprehensive guide to Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Canada guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Canada, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking to visit more than one national park in the North America? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover USA's Best National Parks, a photo-rich guide to the country's 27 most popular natural attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Oliver Berry, and Brendan Sainsbury.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)