Daniel Liang teaches concepts of problem-solving and object-oriented programming using a fundamentals-first approach. Beginning programmers learn critical problem-solving techniques then move on to grasp the key concepts of object-oriented, GUI programming, advanced GUI and Web programming using Java.
MyProgrammingLab for Introduction to Java Programming is a total learning package. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams–resulting in better performance in the course–and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Teaching and Learning Experience
To provide a better teaching and learning experience, for both instructors and students, this program offers:
- Personalized Learning: Through the power of practice and immediate personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab helps students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming.
- Fundamentals-First Approach: Basic programming concepts are introduced on control statements, loops, functions, and arrays before object-oriented programming is discussed.
- Problem-Driven Motivation: The examples and exercises throughout the book emphasize problem solving and foster the concept of developing reusable components and using them to create practical projects.
- A Superior Pedagogical Design that Fosters Student Interest: Key concepts are reinforced with objectives lists, introduction and chapter overviews, easy-to-follow examples, chapter summaries, review questions, programming exercises, and interactive self-tests.
- The Most Extensive Instructor and Student Support Package Available: The author maintains a website at www.cs.armstrong.edu/liang/intro10e that includes multiple interactive resources.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access code order the ISBN below:
0133813460 / 9780133813463 Intro to Java Programming, Comprehensive Version & MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0133761312 / 9780133761313 Intro to Java Programming, Comprehensive Version
0133762513 / 9780133762518 MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Intro to Java Programming, Comprehensive Version, 10/e
MyProgrammingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.