Ashley Singh Thomas, founder of the food blog, My Heart Beets, shares 60 mouthwatering North and South Indian recipes in this cookbook. These tried and true recipes will have you spending less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying tasty, aromatic and flavorful food with loved ones.
Ashley got her first electric pressure cooker, an Instant Pot, several years ago and it was love at first sight. She found it much easier to use than her slow cooker, her stove top pressure cooker or any other kitchen appliance. Ashley began adapting nearly all of her favorite Indian recipes so that they could be made in an electric pressure cooker and the results of her efforts are in this cookbook.
Indian Food Under Pressure includes recipes for many different lentil and rice dishes, vegetables, chicken curries, and meat based stews.
Here are some of the recipes you will find in this Indian cookbook:
- Chicken Biryani
- Chai for a Party
- Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani)
- Spiced Chickpea Curry (Chole/Chana Masala)
- Idli (Steamed Rice Cakes)
- Malabar Goat Pepper Fry
- Potatoes and Cauliflower (Aloo Gobi)
- Kerala Chicken Stew
- Creamy Cardamom Rice Pudding (Kheer); and much more!
- There are 60 Authentic Indian Recipes from both North and South India
- All Recipes are Naturally Gluten-Free
- If you are dairy-free, you can easily substitute coconut oil, coconut milk or dairy-free yogurt in these recipes (Ashley has tested all recipes with both dairy and dairy-free substitutes)
- Half of the recipes in this cookbook are paleo-friendly, however the other half of the recipes call for ingredients like basmati rice and lentils/legumes.
With this Indian electric pressure cooker cookbook, you'll be able to create restaurant-quality meals in a single pot. Whether you eat Indian food on a regular basis or are new to the cuisine, this cookbook will show you how to create impressive and traditional recipes using the least amount of effort.