HTML5 in Action provides a complete introduction to web development using HTML5. You'll explore every aspect of the HTML5 specification through real-world examples and code samples. It's much more than just a specification reference, though. It lives up to the name HTML5 in Action by giving you the practical, hands-on guidance you'll need to use key features.
About the Technology
HTML5 is not a few new tags and features added to an old standard—it's the foundation of the modern web, enabling its interactive services, single-page UI, interactive games, and complex business applications. With support for standards-driven mobile app development, powerful features like local storage and WebSockets, superb audio and video APIs, and new layout options using CSS3, SVG, and Canvas, HTML5 has entered its prime time.
About the Book
HTML5 in Action provides a complete introduction to web development using HTML5. It explores the HTML5 specification through real-world examples and code samples. It earns the name "in Action" by giving you the practical, hands-on guidance you'll need to confidently build the sites and applications you—and your clients—have been wanting for years.
This book concentrates on new HTML5 features and assumes you are familiar with standard HTML.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
- New semantic elements and form input types
- Single-page application design
- Creating interactive graphics
- Mobile web apps
About the Authors
Rob Crowther is a web developer and blogger and the author of Manning's Hello! HTML5 & CSS3. Joe Lennon is an enterprise mobile application developer. Ash Blue builds award-winning interactive projects. Greg Wanish is an independent web and eCommerce developer.
Table of Contents
PART 1 INTRODUCTION
PART 2 BROWSER-BASED APPS
- HTML5: from documents to applications
- Form creation: input widgets, data binding, and data validation
- File editing and management: rich formatting, file storage, drag and drop
- Messaging: communicating to and from scripts in HTML5
PART 3 INTERACTIVE GRAPHICS, MEDIA, AND GAMING
- Mobile applications: client storage and offline execution
- 2D Canvas: low-level, 2D graphics rendering
- SVG: responsive in-browser graphics
- Video and audio: playing media in the browser
- WebGL: 3D application development
- Plus 10 Appendixes