Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
BUILD, CONVERT, OR BUY A STATE-OF-THE-ART ELECTRIC VEHICLE
Thoroughly revised and expanded, Build Your Own Electric Vehicle, Third Edition, is your go-to guide for converting an internal combustion engine vehicle to electric or building an EV from the ground up. You'll also find out about the wide variety of EVs available for purchase and how they're being built. This new editiondetails all the latest breakthroughs, including AC propulsion and regenerative braking systems, intelligent controllers, batteries, and charging technologies.
Filled with updated photos, this cutting-edge resource fully describes each component--motor, battery, controller, charger, and chassis--and provides illustrated, step-by-step instructions on how to assemble all the parts. Exclusive web content features currentsupplier and dealer lists. Custom-built for environmentalists, engineers, students, hobbyists, and mechanics, this hands-on guide puts you in the fast lane toward a cost-effective, reliable green machine.
Build Your Own Electric Vehicle, Third Edition, covers:
- Environmental impact and energy savings
- The best EV for you--purchase trade-offs, conversion trade-offs, and conversion costs
- Chassis and design
- Different types of electric motors and controllers
- Lithium EV batteries
- Chargers and electrical systems
- EV builds and conversions
- Licensing and insuring your EV
- Driving and maintenance
- List of manufacturers and dealers regularly updated on website