The Enterprise Java™ platform, Java EE 6, has gotten a facelift ... JavaServer™ Faces (JSF™) 2, is a big part of what’s new in Java EE 6! JSF 2, a significant upgrade from JSF 1.2, includes Facelets and integration/use options with a variety of web frameworks, including the popular JBoss® Seam and even the Spring Framework.
Beginning JSF™ 2 APIs and JBoss® Seam gets you up to speed with the JSF 2.x API features and how they’re implemented using the latest Seam web framework. This quick–start tutorial is the fastest way to get started on JSF 2, Facelets, and Seam, and with it you’ll take the most useful features in the frameworks and apply them using best practices.
You’ll learn to create and enhance an eShop using practical methods, and can re-purpose the template for your own personal and professional projects.
What you’ll learn
- Get started with JSF 2 and its features, including forms, validations, and more.
- Create an eShop.
- Build interactive pages with Ajax.
- Incorporate the JSF 2 feature, Facelets, as your standard view definition framework.
- Provide a common layout using Facelets.
- Apply and fine–tune your eShop application using the popular JSF–based web framework, JBoss Seam.
Who this book is for
This book is primarily for Java developers who need to develop an application in JSF but are just learning it. It also can be for Java developers who know JSF but would like to learn Facelets and Seam.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with JSF
- Using Forms
- Validating Input
- Creating an E-shop
- Creating Custom Components
- Providing a Common Layout for Your Pages
- Building Interactive Pages with Ajax
- Using Conversations
- Supporting Other Languages
- Using JBoss Seam