Learn to implement ASP.NET Core features to build effective software that can be scaled and maintained easily
- Practical solutions to recurring issues in the web development world
- Recipes on the latest features of ASP.Net Core 2.0
The ASP.NET Core 2.0 Framework has been designed to meet all the needs of today's web developers. It provides better control, support for test-driven development, and cleaner code. Moreover, it's lightweight and allows you to run apps on Windows, OSX and Linux, making it the most popular web framework with modern day developers.
This book takes a unique approach to web development, using real-world examples to guide you through problems with ASP.NET Core 2.0 web applications. It covers Visual Studio 2017- and ASP.NET Core 2.0-specifc changes and provides general MVC development recipes. It explores setting up .NET Core, Visual Studio 2017, Node.js modules, and NuGet. Next, it shows you how to work with Inversion of Control data pattern and caching. We explore everyday ASP.NET Core MVC 2.0 patterns and go beyond it into troubleshooting. Finally, we lead you through migrating, hosting, and deploying your code.
By the end of the book, you'll not only have explored every aspect of ASP.NET Core MVC 2.0, you'll also have a reference you can keep coming back to whenever you need to get the job done.
What you will learn
- Build ASP.Net Core 2.0 applications using HTTP services with WebApi
- Learn to unit-test, load test, and perform test applications using client-side and server-side frameworks
- Debug, monitor and troubleshoot ASP.Net Core 2.0 applications using popular tools
- Reuse components with NuGet and create modular components with middleware
- Build responsive and dynamic UIs for your MVC apps using Bootstrap
- Leverage tools like Karma, Jasmine, QUnit, xUnit, Selenium, Microsoft Fakes, and Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise
Who This Book Is For
This book is written for the ASP.NET developer who wants to deliver professional-standard software, quickly and efficiently. It's filled with hands-on recipes, practical advice, and guidance to help developers with every aspect of the ASP.NET development cycle. Whether you've just started out or are a seasoned pro, the Asp.Net Core 2.0 Cookbook is written for you.
Table of Contents
- Cross Platform with .NET Core
- Visual Studio 2015, C# 6, IDEs and Roslyn
- NPM, package managers and task runners
- Reusing your code with Nuget
- S.O.L.I.D principles, Inversion Of Control and Dependency Injection
- Entity Framework Core
- Micro-Orms, NoSQL and Azure Storage
- Cache & Session: Distributed, Server & Client
- Web API
- ModelBinding, ViewModels & Validation
- Razor & Views
- TagHelpers & ViewComponents
- OWIN & Middlewares
- Front-end Development
- Deployment & Hosting