This book provides a clear and authoritative introduction to
aromatherapy as practiced in modern health care settings, providing
valuable information for any health professional who wants to learn
about the subject. It provides the in-depth knowledge needed to
begin using essential oils in the practice environment.
- Reader-friendly layout and design makes the material
accessible and easy to follow.
- All oils specified in the national curricula are covered in
- Case studies illustrate practical applications for concepts
and techniques discussed in the chapters.
- Fully revised and updated discussions throughout include 24
new essential oil profiles added to this edition.
- Updated information on health and safety provides crucial
information on safeguarding both the practitioner and the client.
- Additional references and new research have been added to
this edition, as well as updated and revised tables.
- More illustrations make key points easier to understand.
- Chapters on carrier oils and essential waters have been
updated and expanded.
- The touch and massage chapter has been thoroughly revised.
- The index has been extensively revised to include essential
oil properties and indications.
- Contributed chapters from nurses and midwives from various
hospitals and community settings address topics such as Policy
and Practice of Aromatherapy, Aromatherapy in Nursing, Primary
Health care, Midwifery and Childbirth, Learning Disabilities,
Stress, Intensive and Coronary Care, Care of the Elderly, and