This comprehensive and state-of-the art approach to video processing gives engineers and students a comprehensive introduction and includes full coverage of key applications: wireless video, video networks, video indexing and retrieval and use of video in speech processing. Containing all the essential methods in video processing alongside the latest standards, it is a complete resource for the professional engineer, researcher and graduate student.
- Numerous conceptual and numerical examples
- All the latest standards are thoroughly covered: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 and AVC
- Coverage of the latest techniques in video security
"Like its sister volume "The Essential Guide to Image Processing," Professor Bovik’s Essential Guide to Video Processing provides a timely and comprehensive survey, with contributions from leading researchers in the area. Highly recommended for everyone with an interest in this fascinating and fast-moving field." ―Prof. Bernd Girod, Stanford University, USA
* Edited by a leading person in the field who created the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, with contributions from experts in their fields.
* Numerous conceptual and numerical examples
*All the latest standards are thoroughly covered: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 and AVC.
* Coverage of the latest techniques in video security